Providence-Providence Park HospitalsMichigan State University College of Human Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Welcome to OB/Gyn
This is our place to post various aspects of the program. Feel free to browse the site and get an idea of what our program is like.
2018 Match Update
We are very excited for the application season to begin! We look forward to reviewing applications and inviting candidates for interviews.
In the last few years, there has been a marked increase in the number of applications to our program. This has basically overwhelmed our ability to evaluate applications. In order to do a better job this year, we have started a new "application committee" that will be reviewing applications. Since this process is new for us (as the Program Director has done it in previous years), please be patient. Our intent is to follow the following timeline:
- October 1: This is the date we plan to have all applications reviewed and begin to send out invitations for interviews. Prior to this date, you will likely not hear anything from us. Please note, the closer to that date that we receive your application the less likely we will have time to give it adequate consideration.
- October 1 - 14: During the first few weeks in October, we will be scheduling interviews. If you are invited for an interview, there will be a time limit for response (included within the invite). We will hold a spot for you until the time limit has expired. If you do not repsond by then, we assume you are not interested and will open your spot for someone else.
- October 15-December 14: Further invites will be granted only if we receive cancellations.
- Interview Dates: We plan to have 9 interview sessions with 5 candidates on each date. These dates will not be changed, and we anticipate no additions. All applicants will be invited to a dinner the night prior to the interview held at one of the residents homes. The interview day starts with interviews in the morning and a tour of the program into the early afternoon. We will interview on the following dates:
Thursday November 2
Thursday November 9
Tuesday November 21
Tuesday November 28
Thursday November 30
Tuesday December 5
Thursday December 7
Tuesday December 12
Thursday December 14
- Cancellations:We understand that schedules change and emergencies occur. Unfortunately, when we have an applicant cancel at the last minute it will frequently leave that slot unfilled. This is not fair to other applicants who had considered our program. As such, please notify us as soon as your plans change.
Resident Research Day, 2017
Congrats to Dr. Sasha Mikhael, Winner of Providence-Providence Park MSU/CHM Resident Research Day! You did a great job and deserved to win!
Dr. Abhishek Sharma won third place for the poster case presentations. Good job!
ACOG Wellness Week Winners
Providence-Providence Park/MSU CHM OB/Gyn Residency is the first winner of the ACOG wellness OB/GYN residency champion award given for activities during the ACOG Junior Fellow Wellness Week!
While many contributed to our success, none were as passionate and motivating as Dr. Christanna Schuman! Thanks Christanna.
We are very excited for our new interns to start in July! Congratulations!
- Rosinda De La Pena (St Georges University)
- Sophia Halassy (American University of Caribbean)
- Krystine Haglin (St Georges University)
- Vanessa Rota (St Georges University)
- Alexander Shilling (Rocky Vista University COM)
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
As of July 1, 2015, we are now a Michigan State University College of Human Medicine program. As such, our name in ERAS has changed. We are listed as:
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM Program
We are part of the statewide campus sytem and are the Southestern Michigan Campus. We continue to have medical students from the MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and the American University of the Caribbean as well.